NRoSO Training Event
UK Farmers, Growers and their sprayer operators have been increasing their awareness of best practice regarding pesticide application over recent years. During the last decade the NRoSO annual training events (roadshows) have been a major source of update training for operators and this year members are invited to participate again in an interactive training event that focuses on how to avoid things going wrong and what “best practice” actually means on the farm.
There are workshops on arable crops and fruit.
Operators will have the opportunity to share tips and solutions that work for them, and learn from their colleagues and others attending the event, best practice techniques that they could adopt in the future.
This year's event is divided into four sections:
- Current Issues - This covers items that are in the national news and that we feel are worth discussing in more detail. This section will also cover specific local issues that your presenter will tailor to your geographical area or crop production system.
- Water Protection - This section will look at how pesticides get into water, the impact of pesticides in water and what you as operators can do to minimise the risks to water and you will produce a farm action plan.
- Application - This section will look at preventing drift, nozzles and application techniques.
- Top-Tips & technology - This section will contain a collection of Top Tips from Farm Sprayer Opeator of the Year finialists and a look at closed transfer systems for pesticides.
- Wednesday 8th January 2020 - Salisbury
- Thursday 9th January 2020 - Cullompton
- Wednesday 15th January 2020 – Sherborne
- Wednesday 15th January 2020 – Kingsbridge
- Tuesday 21st January 2020 – Bridgewater
- Wednesday 22nd January 2020 – South Petherton
- Wednesday 29th January 2020 – Sherborne
- Thursday 30th January 2020 - Barnstaple