Pearce Seeds partner with IPF (Intelligent Precision Farming) to deliver soil mapping and soil zoning services.
When used correctly, precision farming technology – which includes yield mapping, automatic steering and variable rate application – can increase the efficiency of farm operations. Traditionally precision farming has been for the arable farm pioneers, but in recent years the available of affordability of hardware, software and machinery means that it has been taken up by a wider audience.
The IPF system is built around fulfilling the needs of the arable farmer, and we offer all of the services available to the arable grower. Pearce Seeds has also found a considerable use for it for the pure dairy or grassland farmer who may only have limited use for the GPS applications but an alternate use of the IPF software in the management of NVZ boundaries and nutrient management record keeping.
WHOLE FIELD NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT
Designed to assist livestock producers through;
- Digital NVZ spreading risk maps.
- Helps to meet farm assurance and cross compliance needs.
- Full Nmax Compliance with RB209.
- Manure management planning.
- Record keeping of applied nutrients.
- Accurate planning for crop needs.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS
For precision farming to integrate into your farming system it needs to be simple, which is why the IPF method has four basic stages:
- Data collection (soil scanning and collection of historic field knowledge).
- Mapping of zones (meeting with IPF Specialist, farmer and Agronomist).
- Soil sampling of the zones.
- IPF Toolbox - A web based programme that allows you and your Agronomist to create variable rate applications for N,P&K and seed.
HOW CAN PRECISION FARMING HELP YOU?
- Would you like an accurate map of soil types on your land?
- Do you want precise soil fertility information to base fertiliser/manure applications on?
- Do you need an NVZ manure spreading risk map?
- Do you require a simple recording system for all nutrient applications?
- Would you like to make more efficient use of purchased nutrients?
- Do you want to apply fertiliser and seeds at variable rates?
- Would you like a system that puts you in control of your data, with internet access to it at any time?
If you answered yes to any of the above then please contact your Pearce Seed agronomist to discuss any aspect of this further or contact the office.