Pearce Seeds LLP will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location based information. This does however include name, address, email, phone number.
Why we need your data
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide you with information for the provision of our services, including the passing of information and the delivery of products. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
What we do with your data
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
How long we keep your data
- We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
- For the provisions of our services we will retain your personal data for 2 years from the date of your most recent transaction with us. This is in order to provide after sale services and to account for your re-ordering with us.
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, your information will be kept for this purpose for 2 years or until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
- Right to be informed – You have the right to be informed of all the reasons why we hold your personal data. This is stated above in the paragraph titled ‘Why we need your data’.
- The right of access – You have the right to know what information is held about you.
- The right of rectification – You have the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure, also known as 'the right to be forgotten – You have the right to have your personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to block or suppress processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to retain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to your personal data being used. This includes uses of personal data for the purpose of direct marketing or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling - the GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us by:
Phone: 01935 811400
Address: Pearce Seeds LLP, Rosedown Farm, Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 4SX
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/